That time of year is approaching again! If you have a child born in 2018 and starting Kindergarten in September, schools begin accepting registration packages online in February 2023. Priority placement for the upcoming school year will be given to applications received in February (deadline Tuesday, February 28th, 2023). New District students including kindergarten students (children born in 2018) and Burnaby residents who are not currently enrolled in the District should register online. Your local school is determined by your residential address. For details on applications for cross District transfers (wanting to attend a different school than your catchment school), language programs and other available specialty programs CLICK HERE. Please note that the forms will not be available to submit online until Wednesday, February 1st, 2023.
You will need the following documents when you register:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card)
- Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A.
- Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian government issued tax statement
- Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.